Online Privacy as a Journalist || Protect Yourself From Ransomware || Designed by Arsalan Jilani ~FOLLOW BY EMAIL~
HTML Free Code

Admin

This is Admin Arsalan Jilani saying you Hi! Please give me Comments about my site. If you want to contact me just send me e-mail on arsalanjilani@gmail.com. Read my latest researches, covers, news and articles I collected from different sites. Hidden facts and News are now highlighted by Arsalan Jilani.

Search web - blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Google+: Users Want More Features

Google+ has great potential, but users of the social network are frustrated with Google's method of rolling out features that they want.

http://twimgs.com/informationweek/graphics_library/175x175/google-plus-logo.jpg

Google+ is far from dead, say many in the trenches who are finding the Google social network a platform with a lot of potential. However, as much as they like what is in Google+ so far, they are frustrated by what is not--and, in their opinion, should be--in the platform.

Several readers wrote to me after the publication of my last piece on Google+ in which I asked how people really are--or are not--using the network, especially compared with more established platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

Mark Davis said Google+ is becoming his platform for professional networking while Facebook remains the place where he networks socially.

"Since I started using Google+ some weeks ago, I've developed a healthy network of people I trust, respect and enjoy," said Mark Davis. "Most of them are related to me professionally in some way. They are technologically literate, they are educated and articulate, and I genuinely want to know what they're up to, what they have to say. Adults, young and old; professionals; technologists; artists; teachers; most of them good friends of mine ... The pattern I see here is a grown-up, educated, closer, smaller community that isn't a subset of my Facebook friends."

IT consultant David G. Osayidan said Google+ is on the right track but he has been frustrated by a lack of integration with other Google services.

"They're taking what was wrong with others, including their own failed attempts such as Buzz, and doing it right," he said. "I really enjoy the concept of Circles and the level of control we have over who sees what. This aspect alone is forcing others like Facebook to rethink their own systems, and that's good for everyone. With that, Google+ has left a positive mark, regardless of how it fares in the future."

Osayidan noted that he has been using Google+ with a "dummy" account because his primary Google account is with Google Apps. He said he has been "frustrated and a bit shocked" that he pays for Google services and cannot use them with Google+. Currently, there is no way to integrate a professional Google Apps account with the Google+ service, although Google senior VP of engineering Vic Gundotra announced Wednesday at the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco that support for Google App account users will be added within days. He also said that support for brand pages is also forthcoming, but will take longer to roll out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...